I think that those who continue saying how behind the USA is in energy development really need to take a look around at all of the projects that are planned or in development stages. We are not the leader in electricity from renewables because we are still #1, #2 and #3 in coal, natural gas, and oil production, respectively, so we have not needed to move to renewables for electricity production like smaller countries with fewer reserves, but in spite of this there are 2 large solar projects planned in California and numerous wind projects across the midwest, so I don’t think we are so far behind like many people seem to suggest.
- Bay Area Startups Raise $334 Million in First Two Weeks of 2012
- Poor Refinery Capacity in Latin America is Good for the USA for Now
- Thoughts on Steve Jobs’ impact on Apple and the long term future of the company
- Nostalgiac for the 50s and 60s: The Era of High Taxes in America and High Economic Growth
- Look at the Private Sector for US Energy Plans
- Time To Close Pairs Trade After Alibaba IPO - Seeking Alpha (registration) September 19, 2014Time To Close Pairs Trade After Alibaba IPOSeeking Alpha (registration)While investors would have done better simply to own YHOO, the 8% gain captured by the pairs trade over the past four months is still pretty good. While YHOO performed as I had expected, AMZN's move higher was somewhat surprising. I believe one of the ...
- Time To Close Pairs Trade After Alibaba IPO - Seeking Alpha (registration) September 19, 2014
- Private equity powers University of Virginia's 19% return - Pensions & Investments September 19, 2014Private equity powers University of Virginia's 19% returnPensions & InvestmentsAs of June 30, the actual allocation was: 23.2% long/short equity, 22% public equity, 19.9% private equity, 10.9% marketable alternatives and credit, 8.7% government bonds, 7.6% real estate, 4.9% real asset resources, and 2.8% cash and currency.
- Top Portfolio Products: Stock Split, Euro Stoxx ETFs Launched - ThinkAdvisor September 19, 2014ThinkAdvisorTop Portfolio Products: Stock Split, Euro Stoxx ETFs LaunchedThinkAdvisor361 Capital announced that it has filed to launch the 361 Global Long/Short Equity Fund. Los Angeles-based Analytic Investors will subadvise the fund. The fund will use the same investment strategy as the Analytic Global Long/Short Equity Portfolio, ...and more »
- Omni Partners to take European equity long/short strategy externally - HedgeWeek September 19, 2014Omni Partners to take European equity long/short strategy externallyHedgeWeekStock selection for the base portfolio is initially driven by a fundamental factor screen and then narrowed via a discretionary portfolio construction process. This results in a limited number of positions (40 to 50 stocks) across a limited number of sectors (nine to ...and more » […]
- Hedge Funds Underperform in August - HedgeCo.net September 19, 2014HedgeCo.netHedge Funds Underperform in AugustHedgeCo.net“Long/short hedge funds did well at +1.70%. All strategies were positive except for interest rate sensitive (convertible arbitrage, high yield, distressed) and dollar sensitive strategies (emerging markets).” “The Hennessee Hedge Fund Index was up +1.05% with ...
- Omni Partners Opens New Fund To Outside Investors - FINalternatives September 19, 2014Omni Partners Opens New Fund To Outside InvestorsFINalternativesThe new vehicle, Omni European ELS, follows a low net European equity long/short strategy by pursuing opportunities in liquid large-cap equities in developed Europe identified via a dynamic valuation and factor process. The strategy is ... Omni European ELS seeks to marry a robust stock selectio […]
- Private equity powers University of Virginia's 19% return - Pensions & Investments September 19, 2014
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.