I think that those who continue saying how behind the USA is in energy development really need to take a look around at all of the projects that are planned or in development stages. We are not the leader in electricity from renewables because we are still #1, #2 and #3 in coal, natural gas, and oil production, respectively, so we have not needed to move to renewables for electricity production like smaller countries with fewer reserves, but in spite of this there are 2 large solar projects planned in California and numerous wind projects across the midwest, so I don’t think we are so far behind like many people seem to suggest.
- Bay Area Startups Raise $334 Million in First Two Weeks of 2012
- Poor Refinery Capacity in Latin America is Good for the USA for Now
- Thoughts on Steve Jobs’ impact on Apple and the long term future of the company
- Nostalgiac for the 50s and 60s: The Era of High Taxes in America and High Economic Growth
- Look at the Private Sector for US Energy Plans
- Closing The EXG-ETW Pairs Trade - Seeking Alpha (registration) August 5, 2014Closing The EXG-ETW Pairs TradeSeeking Alpha (registration)Six weeks ago, a pairs trading opportunity was identified for EXG and ETW in the option-income space, based on the mean-reverting nature of CEF valuations. During this time period, the discount for ETW had widened from -3.31% to -3.93% while the ...and more »
- Closing The EXG-ETW Pairs Trade - Seeking Alpha (registration) August 5, 2014
- BlackRock powers up a hedge fund unit - Pensions & Investments September 1, 2014BlackRock powers up a hedge fund unitPensions & InvestmentsThose single-strategy portfolios include systematic and discretionary long/short equity and corporate fixed-income, as well as multistrategy global macro and fixed-income approaches. Broader multistrategy funds also are in the fund stable. BlackRock also ...
- Europe needs to stop the insanity - MarketWatch August 29, 2014Europe needs to stop the insanityMarketWatchShouldn't some sectors of the stock market provide clear and unambiguous lead/lag characteristics which would allow sector-rotation funds, like our ATAC Beta Rotation Fund BROTX, +0.34% the chance to be able to generate alpha from? Perhaps none of ...and more »
- First Trust High Income Long Short Fund (FSD) Ex-Dividend Date Scheduled for ... - NASDAQ August 29, 2014First Trust High Income Long Short Fund (FSD) Ex-Dividend Date Scheduled for ...NASDAQFirst Trust High Income Long Short Fund ( FSD ) will begin trading ex-dividend on September 02, 2014. A cash dividend payment of $0.1065 per share is scheduled to be paid on September 15, 2014. Shareholders who purchased FSD stock prior to the ...
- AllianceBernstein Continues Liquid Alts Push... - HedgeCo.net August 28, 2014AllianceBernstein Continues Liquid Alts Push...HedgeCo.netCurrently, six of its sub-advisors pursue long/short equity strategies, while three pursue special situations and two pursue credit strategies. Although global macro is listed in the fund's prospectus as a potential strategy, the fund doesn't currently have any ...
- 5 Long/Short Mutual Funds to Protect Against Market Volatility - Zacks.com August 27, 20145 Long/Short Mutual Funds to Protect Against Market VolatilityZacks.comTo pursue its investment objective, the fund establishes long and short positions in equity securities issued by U.S. companies. The fund may purchase or sell short securities of companies of any size. The fund offers dividends and capital gains annually.and more »
- BlackRock powers up a hedge fund unit - Pensions & Investments September 1, 2014
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.