I think that those who continue saying how behind the USA is in energy development really need to take a look around at all of the projects that are planned or in development stages. We are not the leader in electricity from renewables because we are still #1, #2 and #3 in coal, natural gas, and oil production, respectively, so we have not needed to move to renewables for electricity production like smaller countries with fewer reserves, but in spite of this there are 2 large solar projects planned in California and numerous wind projects across the midwest, so I don’t think we are so far behind like many people seem to suggest.
- Bay Area Startups Raise $334 Million in First Two Weeks of 2012
- Poor Refinery Capacity in Latin America is Good for the USA for Now
- Thoughts on Steve Jobs’ impact on Apple and the long term future of the company
- Nostalgiac for the 50s and 60s: The Era of High Taxes in America and High Economic Growth
- Look at the Private Sector for US Energy Plans
- A Pairs Trade: Long Old Mutual and Short Sanlam - BizNews September 30, 2014BizNewsA Pairs Trade: Long Old Mutual and Short SanlamBizNewsAlthough both companies are trading on a similar PE ratio of 14 (always a good point of departure for a pairs trade), but they have been rated quite differently by the market in terms of group equity value or embedded value (GEV). Historically, the market has ...
- Time To Close Pairs Trade After Alibaba IPO - Seeking Alpha (registration) September 19, 2014Time To Close Pairs Trade After Alibaba IPOSeeking Alpha (registration)While investors would have done better simply to own YHOO, the 8% gain captured by the pairs trade over the past four months is still pretty good. While YHOO performed as I had expected, AMZN's move higher was somewhat surprising. I believe one of the ...
- A Pairs Trade: Long Old Mutual and Short Sanlam - BizNews September 30, 2014
- Is the Last Great Bubble bursting? - MarketWatch October 21, 2014MarketWatchIs the Last Great Bubble bursting?MarketWatchIn 2007, he launched his own long/short hedge fund, using various trading strategies focused on taking advantage of stock market anomalies. Follow him on ... The pushback was always that I was wrong, that markets were fine, and that equity gains proved it.and more »
- 3D Systems Corporation Vs Stratasys Ltd: The Best Long-Short Strategy - Bidness ETC October 21, 20143D Systems Corporation Vs Stratasys Ltd: The Best Long-Short StrategyBidness ETCIn the last two weeks, the short-interest ratio on 3D Systems's stock declined 0.8 days to 13.1 days, the highest in the industry. The company witnessed a drop of 2.08 bps to 32.65% in its short interest, expressed as a percentage of total equity in float.
- New alternative solution ETF from ProShares hits market - Market Intelligence Center October 21, 2014Market Intelligence CenterNew alternative solution ETF from ProShares hits marketMarket Intelligence CenterRisk aversion and steady income are on investors' radars this year thanks to the elevation of risk-off trade sentiments in the investing world. The year started on a weak footing thanks to a harsh winter and geo-political issues, and eventually suc […]
- Blackstone GSO Long Short Credit Income Fund (BGX) Ex-Dividend Date ... - NASDAQ October 21, 2014Blackstone GSO Long Short Credit Income Fund (BGX) Ex-Dividend Date ...NASDAQBlackstone GSO Long Short Credit Income Fund ( BGX ) will begin trading ex-dividend on October 22, 2014. A cash dividend payment of $0.098 per share is scheduled to be paid on October 31, 2014. Shareholders who purchased BGX stock prior to the ...and more »
- Liquid credit fund rolled out - Structured Credit Investor (subscription) October 21, 2014Liquid credit fund rolled outStructured Credit Investor (subscription)Alliance Bernstein has launched a new liquid credit mutual fund as part of a broadening of its US retail offering. The Credit Long/Short Fund seeks capital preservation and low correlation to traditional asset classes, with the goal of achieving strong relative ...
- Is the Last Great Bubble bursting? - MarketWatch October 21, 2014
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.