I think that those who continue saying how behind the USA is in energy development really need to take a look around at all of the projects that are planned or in development stages. We are not the leader in electricity from renewables because we are still #1, #2 and #3 in coal, natural gas, and oil production, respectively, so we have not needed to move to renewables for electricity production like smaller countries with fewer reserves, but in spite of this there are 2 large solar projects planned in California and numerous wind projects across the midwest, so I don’t think we are so far behind like many people seem to suggest.
- Bay Area Startups Raise $334 Million in First Two Weeks of 2012
- Poor Refinery Capacity in Latin America is Good for the USA for Now
- Thoughts on Steve Jobs’ impact on Apple and the long term future of the company
- Nostalgiac for the 50s and 60s: The Era of High Taxes in America and High Economic Growth
- Look at the Private Sector for US Energy Plans
- Closing The EXG-ETW Pairs Trade - Seeking Alpha (registration) August 5, 2014Closing The EXG-ETW Pairs TradeSeeking Alpha (registration)Six weeks ago, a pairs trading opportunity was identified for EXG and ETW in the option-income space, based on the mean-reverting nature of CEF valuations. During this time period, the discount for ETW had widened from -3.31% to -3.93% while the ...and more »
- Closing The EXG-ETW Pairs Trade - Seeking Alpha (registration) August 5, 2014
- First Trust High Income Long Short Fund (FSD) Ex-Dividend Date Scheduled for ... - NASDAQ August 29, 2014First Trust High Income Long Short Fund (FSD) Ex-Dividend Date Scheduled for ...NASDAQFirst Trust High Income Long Short Fund ( FSD ) will begin trading ex-dividend on September 02, 2014. A cash dividend payment of $0.1065 per share is scheduled to be paid on September 15, 2014. Shareholders who purchased FSD stock prior to the ...and more »
- AllianceBernstein Continues Liquid Alts Push... - HedgeCo.net August 28, 2014AllianceBernstein Continues Liquid Alts Push...HedgeCo.netCurrently, six of its sub-advisors pursue long/short equity strategies, while three pursue special situations and two pursue credit strategies. Although global macro is listed in the fund's prospectus as a potential strategy, the fund doesn't currently have any ...
- TT International Notes Global Events Not Shaping Markets - ValueWalk August 27, 2014ValueWalkTT International Notes Global Events Not Shaping MarketsValueWalkTT International, a European hedge fund, had difficulty in July, as a reversal of market environment in Europe pushed the long / short equity strategy into a loss of -1.03 percent on the month, bringing the year to date performance to a negative -3.75 percent, ...
- 5 Long/Short Mutual Funds to Protect Against Market Volatility - Zacks.com August 27, 20145 Long/Short Mutual Funds to Protect Against Market VolatilityZacks.comTo pursue its investment objective, the fund establishes long and short positions in equity securities issued by U.S. companies. The fund may purchase or sell short securities of companies of any size. The fund offers dividends and capital gains annually.and more »
- Monthly Index Review Results Market Vectors Long/Short Equity Indices - DigitalJournal.com August 26, 2014Monthly Index Review Results Market Vectors Long/Short Equity IndicesDigitalJournal.comFRANKFURT, Germany--(Business Wire)--Market Vectors Index Solutions GmbH (MVIS) today announced the monthly review results of the Market Vectors Long/Short Equity Index review. The following table shows a summary of the results for all Market ...
- First Trust High Income Long Short Fund (FSD) Ex-Dividend Date Scheduled for ... - NASDAQ August 29, 2014
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.