I think that those who continue saying how behind the USA is in energy development really need to take a look around at all of the projects that are planned or in development stages. We are not the leader in electricity from renewables because we are still #1, #2 and #3 in coal, natural gas, and oil production, respectively, so we have not needed to move to renewables for electricity production like smaller countries with fewer reserves, but in spite of this there are 2 large solar projects planned in California and numerous wind projects across the midwest, so I don’t think we are so far behind like many people seem to suggest.
- Bay Area Startups Raise $334 Million in First Two Weeks of 2012
- Poor Refinery Capacity in Latin America is Good for the USA for Now
- Thoughts on Steve Jobs’ impact on Apple and the long term future of the company
- Nostalgiac for the 50s and 60s: The Era of High Taxes in America and High Economic Growth
- Look at the Private Sector for US Energy Plans
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- This is Yellen's gravest mistake - MarketWatch July 23, 2014This is Yellen's gravest mistakeMarketWatch... Advisers LLC, a registered investment advisory firm that managed equity portfolios for large institutional clients. In 2007, he launched his own long/short hedge fund, using various trading strategies focused on taking advantage of stock market anomalies.and more »
- Leonteq launches long/short Lindt structure - GlobalCapital July 23, 2014Leonteq launches long/short Lindt structureGlobalCapitalLeonteq launches long/short Lindt structure. Leonteq has launched a mini-future certificate on a long/short strategy that offers investors the opportunity to participate in the possible outperformance of Lindt & Sprüngli participation certificate versus the Lindt ...
- This Expensive Fund May Be Worth It - Morningstar.com July 22, 2014This Expensive Fund May Be Worth ItMorningstar.comThis fund is managed by Joel Greenblatt and Robert Goldstein--two managers [who] have been running concentrated long-short equity strategies in their hedge fund, Gotham Capital, over the past 25 years. This fund has only been around for a year and a half, but it has far exceeded expectations. In 2013, the ... […]
- Fund transparency and the information disconnect between GPs and LPs - HedgeWeek July 22, 2014Fund transparency and the information disconnect between GPs and LPsHedgeWeekThis lack of consistency is a real issue when one considers that institutions are increasingly using alternative strategies within their overall portfolio i.e. long/short equity and event-driven managers in their equity bucket, fixed income arbitrage managers in their ...
- First Trust High Income Long/Short Fund Decreases its Monthly Common Share ... - Wall Street Journal July 22, 2014First Trust High Income Long/Short Fund Decreases its Monthly Common Share ...Wall Street JournalFirst Trust High Income Long/Short Fund (the "Fund") (NYSE: FSD) has decreased its regularly scheduled monthly common share distribution to $0.1065 per share from $0.11 per share. The distribution is payable on August 15, 2014, to shareholders of record […]
- This is Yellen's gravest mistake - MarketWatch July 23, 2014
- Amundi liquidates market neutral fund - Citywire Global July 15, 2014Amundi liquidates market neutral fundCitywire GlobalThe fund had been designed to generate outperformance from the global equities markets using a long/short, statistical arbitrage-based investment approach. It used systematic stock-picking based on mean reversion and momentum strategies. The manager ...
- Amundi liquidates market neutral fund - Citywire Global July 15, 2014