I think that those who continue saying how behind the USA is in energy development really need to take a look around at all of the projects that are planned or in development stages. We are not the leader in electricity from renewables because we are still #1, #2 and #3 in coal, natural gas, and oil production, respectively, so we have not needed to move to renewables for electricity production like smaller countries with fewer reserves, but in spite of this there are 2 large solar projects planned in California and numerous wind projects across the midwest, so I don’t think we are so far behind like many people seem to suggest.
- Bay Area Startups Raise $334 Million in First Two Weeks of 2012
- Poor Refinery Capacity in Latin America is Good for the USA for Now
- Thoughts on Steve Jobs’ impact on Apple and the long term future of the company
- Nostalgiac for the 50s and 60s: The Era of High Taxes in America and High Economic Growth
- Look at the Private Sector for US Energy Plans
- My pairs trade on the future of tech - MoneyWeek February 17, 2014MoneyWeekMy pairs trade on the future of techMoneyWeekIt's fair to say that I've been pretty much bowled over by Google – and I've certainly made the point over recent times. Having never been much of a techno-fiend, I've been very impressed by today's sophisticated user-friendly technology and all the ...
- My pairs trade on the future of tech - MoneyWeek February 17, 2014
- How To Replicate The Best Hedge Funds In The World [SPDR Dow Jones ... - ETF Daily News March 10, 2014How To Replicate The Best Hedge Funds In The World [SPDR Dow Jones ...ETF Daily NewsThe fund I worked for managed around $1.5 billion dollars and used all the numerous classic hedge fund strategies: Long-Short Equity, Convertible Arbitrage, Distressed and M&A. After that I worked for an $11 billion dollar ... my years spent at The Johns Hopkins Universit […]
- Best Hedge Fund Manager in Long/Short Equities (Fund under $3 billion) - Financial News March 10, 2014Financial NewsBest Hedge Fund Manager in Long/Short Equities (Fund under $3 billion)Financial News... in Long/Short Equities (Fund under $3 billion). Carrhae Capital. In a year of turmoil for emerging markets, Ali Akay's $730 million emerging markets hedge fund gained 14.9% in 2013 with 5% volatility and 0.03 beta to the MSCI Emerging Markets index.
- AdvisorShares Debuts YieldPro ETF - Zacks.com March 7, 2014AdvisorShares Debuts YieldPro ETFZacks.comThe new ETF is a fund of funds that looks to offer investors current income and capital appreciation by investing in both long and short positions across a variety of fixed income ETFs or other income producing ETFs. In the portfolio construction of YPRO, the manager will pursue attractive yield and handle volatility […]
- Small Cap Audio Stock Skullcandy (SKUL): The Short Squeeze is On (HAR ... - SmallCap Network March 7, 2014Small Cap Audio Stock Skullcandy (SKUL): The Short Squeeze is On (HAR ...SmallCap NetworkSmall cap audio stock Skullcandy Inc (SKUL) is set for a surge when the market opens thanks to its after the bell earnings report plus a look at the performance of other audio stocks like mid cap Harman International Industries Inc (HAR) and small caps Koss Corporation ( […]
- Asian fund managers start the year with low net exposure… ex-3i Asia head to ... - HedgeWeek March 7, 2014Asian fund managers start the year with low net exposure… ex-3i Asia head to ...HedgeWeekManagers running Asia equity long short strategies reported a fairly wide range of returns, but most of them managed to outperform the AsiaHedge Asia ex Japan Index (-2.3 per cent). Funds staying on the positive side mainly derived their returns from their ... money by t […]
- How To Replicate The Best Hedge Funds In The World [SPDR Dow Jones ... - ETF Daily News March 10, 2014
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.