I think that those who continue saying how behind the USA is in energy development really need to take a look around at all of the projects that are planned or in development stages. We are not the leader in electricity from renewables because we are still #1, #2 and #3 in coal, natural gas, and oil production, respectively, so we have not needed to move to renewables for electricity production like smaller countries with fewer reserves, but in spite of this there are 2 large solar projects planned in California and numerous wind projects across the midwest, so I don’t think we are so far behind like many people seem to suggest.
- Bay Area Startups Raise $334 Million in First Two Weeks of 2012
- Poor Refinery Capacity in Latin America is Good for the USA for Now
- Thoughts on Steve Jobs’ impact on Apple and the long term future of the company
- Nostalgiac for the 50s and 60s: The Era of High Taxes in America and High Economic Growth
- Look at the Private Sector for US Energy Plans
- US Dollar Index And Select USD Pairs Trade Setups - See It Market October 27, 2014US Dollar Index And Select USD Pairs Trade SetupsSee It MarketThe week is starting off with some modest US Dollar Index (DXC) weakness, but nothing that was unexpected. However, I have adjusted the wave count to account for this. I am comfortable remaining long in USD/SGD as it is performing better while the US ...
- A Pairs Trade: Long Old Mutual and Short Sanlam - BizNews September 30, 2014BizNewsA Pairs Trade: Long Old Mutual and Short SanlamBizNewsAlthough both companies are trading on a similar PE ratio of 14 (always a good point of departure for a pairs trade), but they have been rated quite differently by the market in terms of group equity value or embedded value (GEV). Historically, the market has ...
- US Dollar Index And Select USD Pairs Trade Setups - See It Market October 27, 2014
- How an Alternative ETF Strategy Fits in Investment Portfolios - ETF Trends October 30, 2014ETF TrendsHow an Alternative ETF Strategy Fits in Investment PortfoliosETF TrendsSpecifically, alternative alpha includes investment themes that have low correlations to traditional investments, such as long/short equity, merger arbitrage and managed futures. On the other hand, alternative beta is comprised of asset classes that show low correlations to ... […]
- What are you really getting from your long short hedge fund? - Professional Planner October 30, 2014Professional PlannerWhat are you really getting from your long short hedge fund?Professional PlannerA successful long short fund should have a smaller drawdown (less volatility) relative to long only managers. For example, in terms of the largest drawdown in the Australian market, the peak slump for the AFM Equity Fund Index (-25.22%) was significantly ...an […]
- Hedge funds record net outflows in September… American institutions lose faith ... - HedgeWeek October 30, 2014Hedge funds record net outflows in September… American institutions lose faith ...HedgeWeekHedge funds recorded net outflows of USD9.5 billion as long/short equities, event-driven, and macro funds strategies reported the largest outflows, Eurekahedge's preliminary data for September 2014 reveals. However, year-to-date, hedge funds are up 3.82 ...
- How to Gain a Hedged Trading Edge - Uncommon Wisdom Daily October 30, 2014How to Gain a Hedged Trading EdgeUncommon Wisdom DailySo, when the market is moving higher, a mutual fund that is 100% invested generally gets rewarded with almost a 100% gain of the major equity indexes like the S&P 500. That's the good news for mutual funds and the ... The first is long/short, as described above. The second is market-neutral long/ […]
- Q&A: High Conviction, Low Correlation - FINalternatives October 30, 2014Q&A: High Conviction, Low CorrelationFINalternativesSpecializing in active global and international equity strategies, the Boston-based firm employs an array of quantitative investment techniques and analytical models for active stock selection as well as peer group valuation. FINalternatives' Mary Campbell recently spoke to Acadian's director […]
- How an Alternative ETF Strategy Fits in Investment Portfolios - ETF Trends October 30, 2014
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.