I think that those who continue saying how behind the USA is in energy development really need to take a look around at all of the projects that are planned or in development stages. We are not the leader in electricity from renewables because we are still #1, #2 and #3 in coal, natural gas, and oil production, respectively, so we have not needed to move to renewables for electricity production like smaller countries with fewer reserves, but in spite of this there are 2 large solar projects planned in California and numerous wind projects across the midwest, so I don’t think we are so far behind like many people seem to suggest.
- Bay Area Startups Raise $334 Million in First Two Weeks of 2012
- Poor Refinery Capacity in Latin America is Good for the USA for Now
- Thoughts on Steve Jobs’ impact on Apple and the long term future of the company
- Nostalgiac for the 50s and 60s: The Era of High Taxes in America and High Economic Growth
- Look at the Private Sector for US Energy Plans
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Lyxor backs another winner in Bay Resources - Risk.net July 31, 2014Lyxor backs another winner in Bay ResourcesRisk.netFounded in Atlanta in 1993 and advised by GMT Capital, the long/short equity fund employs 19 investment professionals led by founder Tom Claugus and is primarily invested in the US, but also has exposure in Europe and Asia. ... Stock-picking takes place within the exposure framework. ... Even if only one man […]
- Pictet unveils European long/short equity fund - Citywire Global July 31, 2014Pictet unveils European long/short equity fundCitywire GlobalThe team also runs a similar strategy domiciled in the Cayman Islands, which has returned 15.5% since inception in March 2012 with 5.2% volatility and a Sharpe ratio of 1.19. 'In our view, a long/short equity fund is the best way for investors to capitalise on ...and more »
- Private Equity Investing Approach with Stocks Barrow All-Cap Core Fund ... - 123Jump.com July 30, 2014Private Equity Investing Approach with Stocks Barrow All-Cap Core Fund ...123Jump.com... Stock Strategy and Long/Short U.S. Stock Strategy. Over the next four years, investments in these private partnerships grew and on August 30, 2013 we converted these partnerships into open-end registered mutual funds, the Barrow All-Cap Core Fund and ...and more »
- Barrow All-Cap Core Fund, Barrow All-Cap Long Short Fund - Ticker Magazine July 30, 2014Barrow All-Cap Core Fund, Barrow All-Cap Long Short FundTicker MagazineWe implement a proprietary private equity approach to uncover high-quality companies trading at temporary discounts to their intrinsic values. We scour the entire market on a regular basis for stocks that offer both quality and value in tandem. We call this ...and more »
- An emerging-market trend that bodes well for stocks - MarketWatch July 30, 2014An emerging-market trend that bodes well for stocksMarketWatchWithin the U.S. equity market, the trend that has been most noticeably strong is energy, which our equity sector ATAC Beta Rotation Fund (MFD:BROTX) was significantly overweighted in. The potential persistent trend in energy, however, is nothing compared ...and more »
- Lyxor backs another winner in Bay Resources - Risk.net July 31, 2014
- Amundi liquidates market neutral fund - Citywire Global July 15, 2014Amundi liquidates market neutral fundCitywire GlobalThe fund had been designed to generate outperformance from the global equities markets using a long/short, statistical arbitrage-based investment approach. It used systematic stock-picking based on mean reversion and momentum strategies. The manager ...
- Amundi liquidates market neutral fund - Citywire Global July 15, 2014