I think that those who continue saying how behind the USA is in energy development really need to take a look around at all of the projects that are planned or in development stages. We are not the leader in electricity from renewables because we are still #1, #2 and #3 in coal, natural gas, and oil production, respectively, so we have not needed to move to renewables for electricity production like smaller countries with fewer reserves, but in spite of this there are 2 large solar projects planned in California and numerous wind projects across the midwest, so I don’t think we are so far behind like many people seem to suggest.
- Bay Area Startups Raise $334 Million in First Two Weeks of 2012
- Poor Refinery Capacity in Latin America is Good for the USA for Now
- Thoughts on Steve Jobs’ impact on Apple and the long term future of the company
- Nostalgiac for the 50s and 60s: The Era of High Taxes in America and High Economic Growth
- Look at the Private Sector for US Energy Plans
- Jim Cramer's Long / Short Combination - CNBC.com (blog) May 29, 2013Jim Cramer's Long / Short CombinationCNBC.com (blog)That type of trade is often referred to as a pairs trade and can be used by investors to express a belief that one stock has been overbought relative to peers. In this case, Cramer thinks a smart pairs trade would be short Procter & Gamble against a long position ...
- Jim Cramer's Long / Short Combination - CNBC.com (blog) May 29, 2013
- Median Fund, Equities Post Gains - Deutsche Bank Hedge Fund Report - Wealth Briefing (subscription) June 20, 2013Median Fund, Equities Post Gains - Deutsche Bank Hedge Fund ReportWealth Briefing (subscription)Distressed, equity long/short and emerging markets equity also posted gains, ending the month at 8.67 per cent, 6.84 per cent and 6.27 per cent respectively, according to the Deutsche Bank Monthly Hedge Fund Trends report for May. Equity long/short funds ...
- Preqin says growth in Asia Pacific credit markets should create opportunities for ... - Opalesque June 18, 2013Preqin says growth in Asia Pacific credit markets should create opportunities for ...OpalesqueBeverly Chandler, Opalesque London: A new study from Preqin finds that the Asia Pacific hedge fund industry is dominated by long/short equity hedge funds. The study reveals that these types of funds make up over 40% of the funds managed by hedge fund ...and more » […]
- Equity Research Analyst – Long / Short Hedge Fund – London – $2. 8 Billion AUM - Here Is The City June 18, 2013Equity Research Analyst – Long / Short Hedge Fund – London – $2. 8 Billion AUMHere Is The CityAn expansive West London based Equity Hedge Fund backed by a major top-tier Investment Bank is looking to add an Equity Long/Short Analyst to their team. The right candidate will have Equity experience on the buy-side at either a Hedge Fund or large ...and more » […]
- An Alt Fund Brings on Two SubAdvisors - MutualFundWire.com June 17, 2013An Alt Fund Brings on Two SubAdvisorsMutualFundWire.comMeanwhile, Alexander Fodor is the chief executive and chief investment officer of Sonica Capital, a New York-based long/short equity fund. Founded in November 2008, Sonica's long/short equity strategy has reportedly provided superior risk-adjusted returns ...and more »
- Chicago Based Hedge Fund - Long / Short Equities Analyst - Generalist - Here Is The City June 17, 2013Chicago Based Hedge Fund - Long / Short Equities Analyst - GeneralistHere Is The CityA boutique Long/Short Hedge Fund with 800mm capital within its AUM between 7 investment professionals including 3 Analysts 2 Portfolio Managers and 2 Executive Operations staff, are looking for a generalist buyside equity analyst. The succesful candidate will require a stron […]
- Median Fund, Equities Post Gains - Deutsche Bank Hedge Fund Report - Wealth Briefing (subscription) June 20, 2013
- Old Mutual Global Statistical Arbitrage Fund: Old Mutual Global Investors - Risk.net June 10, 2013Old Mutual Global Statistical Arbitrage Fund: Old Mutual Global InvestorsRisk.netThis mean reversion strategy helps to give the fund an edge over its competitors, many of which have diluted their statistical arbitrage products with other strategies, says Paul Simpson, head of systematic investments at Old Mutual Global Investors and senior ...
- Arbitrage Squeezes Profit From Market Inefficiency - San Francisco Chronicle May 26, 2013Arbitrage Squeezes Profit From Market InefficiencySan Francisco ChronicleStatistical arbitrage aims to capitalize on the relationship between price and liquidity and works by profiting from the statistical mispricing of one or more assets based on the expected value of the assets generated from a statistical model. Read on to learn ...
- Old Mutual Global Statistical Arbitrage Fund: Old Mutual Global Investors - Risk.net June 10, 2013