I think that those who continue saying how behind the USA is in energy development really need to take a look around at all of the projects that are planned or in development stages. We are not the leader in electricity from renewables because we are still #1, #2 and #3 in coal, natural gas, and oil production, respectively, so we have not needed to move to renewables for electricity production like smaller countries with fewer reserves, but in spite of this there are 2 large solar projects planned in California and numerous wind projects across the midwest, so I don’t think we are so far behind like many people seem to suggest.
- Bay Area Startups Raise $334 Million in First Two Weeks of 2012
- Poor Refinery Capacity in Latin America is Good for the USA for Now
- Thoughts on Steve Jobs’ impact on Apple and the long term future of the company
- Nostalgiac for the 50s and 60s: The Era of High Taxes in America and High Economic Growth
- Look at the Private Sector for US Energy Plans
- SPDR S&P 500 ETF Trust (SPY): A Potentially Low Risk Pairs Trade Opportunity ... - Seeking Alpha December 1, 2013SPDR S&P 500 ETF Trust (SPY): A Potentially Low Risk Pairs Trade Opportunity ...Seeking AlphaI recently read a Seeking Alpha article titled "Today's Stock Rally Is Full Of It" by contributor Eric Parnell. It first caught my eye because it included two relatively new ETFs I had not yet heard of: PowerShares S&P 500 Low Volatility (SPLV) […]
- I've Found 2 Stocks That Are Perfect For A Classic 'Pairs Trade' - NASDAQ November 28, 2013I've Found 2 Stocks That Are Perfect For A Classic 'Pairs Trade'NASDAQHedge fund managers will take your call only if you have a can't-miss idea to put in front of them. The analysts push their investment committees to help their cause by designating certain stocks as a top pick, or in the case of Goldman Sachs, they get the stock ...
- Follow Up Buffett's Bet On Big Oil With This Pairs Trade - NASDAQ November 21, 2013Follow Up Buffett's Bet On Big Oil With This Pairs TradeNASDAQFollow Up Buffett's Bet On Big Oil With This Pairs Trade. By StreetAuthority, November 21, 2013, 08:00:00 AM EDT. Vote up. loading. Pairs trading, once mainly a strategy for institutions, became possible for individuals with the advent of the Internet, thus ...and more »
- Cisco Systems, Inc. (CSCO): A Pairs Trade Opportunity As Juniper Networks ... - Seeking Alpha November 17, 2013Cisco Systems, Inc. (CSCO): A Pairs Trade Opportunity As Juniper Networks ...Seeking AlphaAcross every geography, the impact of emerging market weakness was pronounced and accelerated to the backend of the quarter. Our top five emerging markets declined 21% with Brazil down 25%, Mexico down 18%, India down 18%, China down 18% and ...and more »
- SPDR S&P 500 ETF Trust (SPY): A Potentially Low Risk Pairs Trade Opportunity ... - Seeking Alpha December 1, 2013
- Long-Short Hedge Funds Warm Up to Europe - Institutional Investor (subscription) December 4, 2013Long-Short Hedge Funds Warm Up to EuropeInstitutional Investor (subscription)Also, equities are starting to trade more on their fundamentals rather than moving in a band, a change that benefits stock pickers like long-short equity hedge fund managers. In 2013 the European Equity Opportunity Fund returned 16.21 percent through ...
- Hedge Funds Add 0.3% In November - FINalternatives December 3, 2013Hedge Funds Add 0.3% In NovemberFINalternativesThe Bank of America Merrill Lynch investable hedge fund composite index squeaked up 0.3% for November, underperforming the S&P 500. Equity market neutral and long/short funds were the best performers last month, adding 0.90% and 0.73%, ...
- Nuveen Long Short Commodity Total Return : Nuveen Commodity Funds ... - 4-traders (press release) December 2, 2013Nuveen Long Short Commodity Total Return : Nuveen Commodity Funds ...4-traders (press release)Nuveen Investments, a leading global provider of investment services to institutions, as well as individual investors, today announced that the Nuveen Diversified Commodity Fund (NYSE MKT:CFD) and the Nuveen Long/Short Commodity Total Return Fund ...and more »
- Why Santa won't be good to short sellers this year - Stockhouse December 2, 2013Why Santa won't be good to short sellers this yearStockhouseYou already know, for instance, that if you buy a stock at $20 and sell it at $25, you make $5 a share. But if you short a stock at $25 and buy it back at $20, you also make $5 a share. However, this has ... There are another 3,700 hedge funds that follow a long-short strategy – going long some […]
- Short on stocks can mean long on pain - Financial News December 2, 2013Financial NewsShort on stocks can mean long on painFinancial NewsPrivate Equity News · WSJ.com · Events; More. Marketwatch · Barrons ... The US stock market is at all-time highs. Technology stocks have ... As of last week, short-selling hedge funds are down nearly 15% from the start of this year through October, according to hedge fund tracker HFR. Times rem […]
- Long-Short Hedge Funds Warm Up to Europe - Institutional Investor (subscription) December 4, 2013
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.