I think that those who continue saying how behind the USA is in energy development really need to take a look around at all of the projects that are planned or in development stages. We are not the leader in electricity from renewables because we are still #1, #2 and #3 in coal, natural gas, and oil production, respectively, so we have not needed to move to renewables for electricity production like smaller countries with fewer reserves, but in spite of this there are 2 large solar projects planned in California and numerous wind projects across the midwest, so I don’t think we are so far behind like many people seem to suggest.
- Bay Area Startups Raise $334 Million in First Two Weeks of 2012
- Poor Refinery Capacity in Latin America is Good for the USA for Now
- Thoughts on Steve Jobs’ impact on Apple and the long term future of the company
- Nostalgiac for the 50s and 60s: The Era of High Taxes in America and High Economic Growth
- Look at the Private Sector for US Energy Plans
- Momentum Stocks Got You Down? Try A Low-Risk Trade On The S&P 500 For A ... - Seeking Alpha April 8, 2014Momentum Stocks Got You Down? Try A Low-Risk Trade On The S&P 500 For A ...Seeking AlphaI first explained the low risk pairs trade on the S&P 500 in "A Potentially Low Risk Pairs Trade Opportunity Using The S&P 500," I discussed the first successful test in "The Low Risk Pairs Trade On The S&P 500 Passes Its First Test." I […]
- 2 Stocks For The Ultimate Pairs Trade - NASDAQ April 2, 20142 Stocks For The Ultimate Pairs TradeNASDAQ#-ad_banner-#Classified as a market-neutral trading strategy, pairs trades attempt to do away with the unpredictable up and down moves of the overall market that often take individual stocks with them. Instead, those who employ a pairs trade aim to isolate ...
- Momentum Stocks Got You Down? Try A Low-Risk Trade On The S&P 500 For A ... - Seeking Alpha April 8, 2014
- Hedge funds hit record high AUM… hedge fund make worst start to a year since ... - HedgeWeek April 24, 2014Hedge funds hit record high AUM… hedge fund make worst start to a year since ...HedgeWeekLong/short equity continues to be the most targeted strategy by institutional investors, with the strategy included in 68 per cent of investor searches in Q1 2014. Long/short strategies also represented a higher proportion of fund launches in Q1 (53 per cent) ...and more […]
- 4 Medalist Ideas for Long-Short Strategies - Morningstar.com April 24, 20144 Medalist Ideas for Long-Short StrategiesMorningstar.com... relatively dangerous as well as a firm that is not new to any of these strategies. Some of the funds we like in this area are Robeco Boston Partners Long/Short Equity, Robeco Boston Partners Research Fund, MainStay Marketfield, and Wasatch Long/Short.
- Alt Ucits outperformer bolsters EM consumer plays - http://citywire.lu April 24, 2014Alt Ucits outperformer bolsters EM consumer playshttp://citywire.luThe Paris-based manager has altered a number of consumer holdings in his long/short equity fund, Exane Funds 1 – Ceres A. This marks a turnaround in approach for Neme, who vowed to reduce his emerging markets exposure at the start of the year ...and more »
- Six best ideas from a top European fund manager - Citywire.co.uk April 23, 2014Six best ideas from a top European fund managerCitywire.co.ukSW Mitchell Capital's Citywire AA-rated Stuart Mitchell's SWMC European fund has been on a strong run, returning 31.5% over the last 12 months versus an average 10% rise in its Alternative Ucits - Long/Short Equity Sector peer group. Mitchell outlines why ...and more »
- Why do investors shift between long- and short-duration ETFs? - Market Realist April 23, 2014Why do investors shift between long- and short-duration ETFs?Market RealistConsidering that short-term interest rates are at abysmally low levels, investors have been forced to climb the maturity ladder to long-term bond funds like the iShares 20+ Year Treasury Bond Fund (TLT) in search of yield. With the Fed's QE tapering initiatives ...and more »
- Hedge funds hit record high AUM… hedge fund make worst start to a year since ... - HedgeWeek April 24, 2014
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.