I think that those who continue saying how behind the USA is in energy development really need to take a look around at all of the projects that are planned or in development stages. We are not the leader in electricity from renewables because we are still #1, #2 and #3 in coal, natural gas, and oil production, respectively, so we have not needed to move to renewables for electricity production like smaller countries with fewer reserves, but in spite of this there are 2 large solar projects planned in California and numerous wind projects across the midwest, so I don’t think we are so far behind like many people seem to suggest.
- Bay Area Startups Raise $334 Million in First Two Weeks of 2012
- Poor Refinery Capacity in Latin America is Good for the USA for Now
- Thoughts on Steve Jobs’ impact on Apple and the long term future of the company
- Nostalgiac for the 50s and 60s: The Era of High Taxes in America and High Economic Growth
- Look at the Private Sector for US Energy Plans
- A Pairs Trade: Long Old Mutual and Short Sanlam - BizNews September 30, 2014BizNewsA Pairs Trade: Long Old Mutual and Short SanlamBizNewsAlthough both companies are trading on a similar PE ratio of 14 (always a good point of departure for a pairs trade), but they have been rated quite differently by the market in terms of group equity value or embedded value (GEV). Historically, the market has ...
- Time To Close Pairs Trade After Alibaba IPO - Seeking Alpha (registration) September 19, 2014Time To Close Pairs Trade After Alibaba IPOSeeking Alpha (registration)While investors would have done better simply to own YHOO, the 8% gain captured by the pairs trade over the past four months is still pretty good. While YHOO performed as I had expected, AMZN's move higher was somewhat surprising. I believe one of the ...
- A Pairs Trade: Long Old Mutual and Short Sanlam - BizNews September 30, 2014
- First Trust High Income Long Short Fund (FSD) Ex-Dividend Date Scheduled for ... - NASDAQ September 30, 2014First Trust High Income Long Short Fund (FSD) Ex-Dividend Date Scheduled for ...NASDAQFirst Trust High Income Long Short Fund ( FSD ) will begin trading ex-dividend on October 01, 2014. A cash dividend payment of $0.1065 per share is scheduled to be paid on October 15, 2014. Shareholders who purchased FSD stock prior to the ex-dividend ...and more »
- Diamond Hill Announces Investment Strategy Updates - IT Business Net September 30, 2014Diamond Hill Announces Investment Strategy UpdatesIT Business NetAustin Hawley, CFA and John Loesch, CFA will join Chris Bingaman as portfolio managers of the Diamond Hill Financial Long-Short strategy. Both Mr. Hawley and Mr. Loesch currently serve as assistant portfolio managers for the Financial Long-Short ...
- Credit Suisse Notes Hedge Funds Diversification, Growth - ValueWalk September 26, 2014ValueWalkCredit Suisse Notes Hedge Funds Diversification, GrowthValueWalkIn considering the diversity of the U.S. equity long/short book relative to the S&P, the charting shows that most recently the short book has climbed to a diversity factor of 220 while the long book diversification fell to 200. Credit Suisse's Mark Connors explained ...and more […]
- Monthly Index Review Results Market Vectors Long/Short Equity Indices - Rock Hill Herald (press release) September 25, 2014Monthly Index Review Results Market Vectors Long/Short Equity IndicesRock Hill Herald (press release)FRANKFURT, Germany — Market Vectors Index Solutions GmbH (MVIS) today announced the monthly review results of the Market Vectors Long/Short Equity Index review. The following table shows a summary of the results for all Market Vectors Long/Short ...and more » […]
- Huge long-short fund suffering outflows as performance wanes - InvestmentNews September 25, 2014Huge long-short fund suffering outflows as performance wanesInvestmentNewsThe basic hedging style of the long-short fund was never expected to outshine a long-only equity index, particularly in a time of record-level performance. But during the early years leading up to the takeover by MainStay, Mr. Aronstein put together several ...
- First Trust High Income Long Short Fund (FSD) Ex-Dividend Date Scheduled for ... - NASDAQ September 30, 2014
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.