I think that those who continue saying how behind the USA is in energy development really need to take a look around at all of the projects that are planned or in development stages. We are not the leader in electricity from renewables because we are still #1, #2 and #3 in coal, natural gas, and oil production, respectively, so we have not needed to move to renewables for electricity production like smaller countries with fewer reserves, but in spite of this there are 2 large solar projects planned in California and numerous wind projects across the midwest, so I don’t think we are so far behind like many people seem to suggest.
- Bay Area Startups Raise $334 Million in First Two Weeks of 2012
- Poor Refinery Capacity in Latin America is Good for the USA for Now
- Thoughts on Steve Jobs’ impact on Apple and the long term future of the company
- Nostalgiac for the 50s and 60s: The Era of High Taxes in America and High Economic Growth
- Look at the Private Sector for US Energy Plans
- 2 Stocks For The Ultimate Pairs Trade - NASDAQ April 2, 20142 Stocks For The Ultimate Pairs TradeNASDAQ#-ad_banner-#Classified as a market-neutral trading strategy, pairs trades attempt to do away with the unpredictable up and down moves of the overall market that often take individual stocks with them. Instead, those who employ a pairs trade aim to isolate ...
- Oracle, a China pairs trade and a retort to the 1929 panic chart - MarketWatch (blog) March 18, 2014Oracle, a China pairs trade and a retort to the 1929 panic chartMarketWatch (blog)Oracle's quarterly results, under normal circumstances, would be considered a major highlight for the market during the earnings offseason. The kind of thing that could set the tone for the entire trading day, especially in the tech sector. But between Putin's ...and […]
- 2 Stocks For The Ultimate Pairs Trade - NASDAQ April 2, 2014
- Camomille launches long/short fund founded on behavioural concepts - HedgeWeek April 16, 2014Camomille launches long/short fund founded on behavioural conceptsHedgeWeekThe fund is domiciled in Cayman Islands with a Master Feeder structure and the strategy is executed exclusively through highly liquid listed equity and commodity index futures contracts. Credit Suisse Administration Services in Ireland are the fund ...
- neuberger berman expands offering in - International Adviser April 15, 2014neuberger berman expands offering inInternational AdviserThe investment manager said it received permission from the Monetary Authority of Singapore to register three funds for sale, namely the Neuberger Berman High Yield Bond Fund, Neuberger Berman US Multi-Cap Opportunities Fund, and Neuberger ...and more »
- Long/Short Bond ETFs That Hedge Against Rising Rates - ETF Trends April 15, 2014ETF TrendsLong/Short Bond ETFs That Hedge Against Rising RatesETF TrendsHowever, due to the more aggressive nature of this strategy, these types of ETFs will underperform if rates fall. Duration is a measure of a bond fund's sensitivity to interest rates, so a fund with a higher duration would exhibit a greater sensitivity to changes in ...and more »
- TT International Gets Hit In March Despite Gains In Piraeus, Unicredit - ValueWalk April 15, 2014TT International Gets Hit In March Despite Gains In Piraeus, UnicreditValueWalkAfter a difficult month for its European Long Short fund, TT International explained that behind the big headlines of the month, there was a more important trend of investors moving away from momentum in March that punished a lot of hedge funds.
- Long / Short Equity To Benefit From Lower Stock Correlations In 2014 - ValueWalk April 15, 2014ValueWalkLong / Short Equity To Benefit From Lower Stock Correlations In 2014ValueWalkInvestment manager Neuberger Berman in their recent report point out that a rising interest rate environment would be ultimately constructive for long/short equity hedge funds. Neuberger Berman in their report titled: “2014 Hedge Fund-Strategy Outlook” ...and more »
- Camomille launches long/short fund founded on behavioural concepts - HedgeWeek April 16, 2014
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.